Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon Finance Technology is looking for a Systems Engineer to help build systems and automate solutions. You will support critical finance business functions for customers around the world while meeting aggressive availability goals and ensuring robust system performance. You will discover innovative ways to automate and scale our infrastructure as we expand globally. You will work together with multiple teams and departments, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
The ideal candidate has a passion for understanding computing systems and for applying that understanding with an obsession for delighting customers. In this role, you will apply your skills with system administration, network management, and scripting languages, as well as technical communication and project organization to make your impact on improving our business processes.
As an Engineer in the team, you will take part in in the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex software systems. You will get to leverage your experience and expertise to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You enjoy collaborating with others to increase the effectiveness of the overall team. Your code, design, and implementation decisions should set a great example to other engineers. You will also have the opportunity to impact the technical decisions in the broader organization as well as mentor other engineers in the team.
· 5+ year of experience with software development and maintenance
· 2+ years of software development experience with Java, Python, Perl, Ruby, or C#/C++, Service Oriented Architecture
· Experience with UNIX/Windows system administration
· Familiarity with AWS services
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, problem solving and complexity analysis
· Able to deal with ambiguity and drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in architecting systems on AWS platform and service oriented architecture
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
A Bachelor's degree in Computer, Engineering or a related technical field
· A high degree of organization and be very detail-oriented
· Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
Experience with Amazon EC2, S3, DynamoDB and RDS
· Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture
· Excellent troubleshooting skills and a proven documentation methodology
· Experience troubleshooting, configuring and patching the Linux kernel
· Fundamental Computer Science knowledge, including experience in applying common algorithms, data structures and design patterns
· Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting server hardware issues
· Experience building REST-ful services using Python (Flask), Ruby (Rails)
· Experience in production monitoring and metrics reporting
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating